Monday, June 7, 2010

Will Daft Punk ever come to Lollapalooza again?

It was almost spiritual, seeing Daft Punk at Lolla in 2007. It was like the culmination of my whole...okay, let's not go that far. But, it was incredible.

In order to do my part, albeit minuscule, to convince Daft Punk to visit fly-over country once again, I want them to know they have some real fans out here.

So, I present to you, as a longtime fan, my list of the Top 5 Daft Punk Produced Tracks (not on their studio albums):
  1. Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You / My God, the biggest club hit in 2000.
  2. I:Cube - Disco Cubism (Daft Punk Mix) / The funkiest minimalist track ever devised. 
  3. Le Knight Club - Hysteria  / Guy De Homem's band that sampled everything from Sister Sledge to Earth Wind and Fire.  Background on Le Knight Club's sampling. 
  4. DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangalter - Together / Just a smooth, feel-good House track.
  5. Thomas Bangalter - Club Soda / Parisian chic summed up in a 4 minute song. Nothing more to say.
Like I always tell my friends, I wish I were my age now, but in 1997. When the Internet, at a blazing 56K, was still something to be molded and created. Most of all, I wish I had been a 20-something in the 1990's because so much good electronica started at that time - Chemical Brothers, Portishead and above all, Daft Punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment